Date(s) - Thursday, December 13, 2018
Facilitators Julia Barrett & Bríd McGrathMake a Booking →
This course equips the staff of library and information centres in the critical skills of power-googling, using alternatives to Google, such as other search engines, databases, repositories &c., evaluating the quality of search results and identifying paths to keeping up-to-date in this ever-changing area.
The course will be held in Dublin, at a venue to be confirmed.
- 09.30 Welcome and introductions
- Constructing Google searches
- Searching Google: tips and tricks
- Exploring Google’s specialist services (includes practical) (Julia)
- 11.30 Tea/Coffee
- 11.50 Different types of search engines and alternatives to Google (includes practical) (Bríd)
- 12.45 Lunch
- 1.45 Specialist resources e.g. databases, repositories (includes practical) (Bríd)
- 3.15 Tea / coffee
- 3.30 Keeping informed & up to date e.g. blogs, LibGuides, webinars (Julia)
- 4.00 Questions & Answers / Evaluation
Bookings are closed for this event.