Date(s) - Tuesday, November 21, 2017
Facilitators Julia Barrett & Bríd McGrathMake a Booking →
Customer care is an important element of providing a quality, responsive library and information service to your community. This course provides a grounding in good customer care for staff of libraries and information centres. The course is highly participative and covers good customer service, effective library policies, pro-active approaches to customers, effective communications and dealing with complaints.
- 09.30 Welcome and introductions; exercise to frame the day
- 9.45 Defining a quality service; good and bad customer service (Julia)
- 10.45 Tea/Coffee
- 11 Proactive and holistic approaches: including design environments, pathways, websites and social media (Bríd)
- 12.30 Lunch
- 1.15 Communicating with users: communication and listening skills, body language, telephone skills; dealing with complaints and difficult situations (Julia)
- 2.15 Library policies (Bríd)
- 3.00 Practical session
- 3.45 Checklist for quality development / suggestions for improvement (Bríd)
- 4.15 Wrap Up / Evaluation
Bookings are closed for this event.