Date(s) - Thursday, November 29, 2018
Facilitators Julia Barrett & Loretta DignamMake a Booking →
Customer care is an important element of providing a quality, responsive library and information service to your community. This course provides a grounding in good customer care for staff of libraries and information centres. The course is highly participative and covers good customer service, effective library policies, pro-active approaches to customers, effective communications and dealing with complaints.
Facilitated by Julia Barrett and Loretta Dignam
- 09.30 Welcome and introductions; exercise to frame the day
- 9.45 Defining a quality service; good and bad customer service
- 10.45 Tea/Coffee
- 11 Proactive and holistic approaches: including design environments, pathways, websites and social media
- 12.30 Lunch
- 1.15 Communicating with users: communication and listening skills, body language, telephone skills; dealing with complaints and difficult situations
- 2.15 Library policies
- 3.00 Practical session
- 3.45 Checklist for quality development / suggestions for improvement
- 4.15 Wrap Up / Evaluation
Bookings are closed for this event.